Volvo is an automobile manufacturer, based in Sweden who has earned a solid reputation for safety and reliability.
A little known fact about Volvo is that they also produce commercial vehicles and even aerospace parts for the military. Volvo started out with humble beginnings… Beginning with just one product --- a ball bearing, Volvo didn't manufacture their first vehicle until 1927. This prototypical new car was dubbed "Jakob" and was the beginning of what would become one of the world's leading automotive legacies.
The term "Volvo" translates into "I roll" in Latin and the phrase derives its meaning from the rolling ball bearings that first carried Volvo's famous name. Fast forward to 1999 --- a year that saw Volvo sell its entire vehicle division to automobile giant Ford for nearly six and a half billion dollars. With this purchase, Ford also acquired Volvo's trademarks and any intellectual property including patents on accessories like Volvo wheels and other auto parts. In mid-2010, Volvo would wind up being sold yet again, this time to a Chinese manufacturer of automobile motors called Geely Automotive. This latest sale yielded just south of two billion dollars, which is a considerable loss, considering Ford purchased the Swedish car manufacturer for over three times that amount just eleven years ago.
While Volvo's future as a leading automobile manufacturer remains precarious at best, the appetite by Volvo owners for new and unique accessories to set their Volvo apart from the proverbial pack is continuing to peak.
In 2011, over two hundred million dollars were spent on factory original and aftermarket Volvo automotive accessories. Among the most popular accessories Volvo owners were looking to buy were Volvo rims (also referred to as Volvo wheels), upgraded stereo and sound systems, off-road accessories like custom roof racks and interior space savers and last but not least, exterior body upgrade parts like front and rear spoiler wings.
If you consider the total sales of Volvo in 2011, it would seem that nearly 20% of all Volvo owners are upgrading their cars in some form or another --- a promising fact for a company who has been teetering on the brink of extinction for over a decade now. This latest trend would indicate that a growing number of Volvo owners are probably younger than previous generations and eager to express their sense of individuality through their vehicles.
Among the most popular Volvo cars to upgrade was the best-selling Volvo S80.
For the uninitiated, the Volvo S80 is a moderately priced four door sedan, with leather interior and standard power seating and mirror with CD and even iPod and satellite radio integration in the newer models. This vehicle comes standard with 17" Volvo wheels painted in either factory silver or chromed, depending upon which options and upgrades each dealer is offering.
Another recent Volvo offering that has garnered interest across almost every age demographic is Volvo's car/SUV hybrid called the XC series. The Volvo XC series, which includes its staple models like the Volvo XC60, the Volvo XC70 and the wildly popular Volvo XC90 Crossover SUV. The Volvo XC series is stocked with silver or chrome Volvo wheels and customers have the option for regular highway tires or sportier, off-road tire options for more adventurous souls. The critics love the Volvo XC too. The Volvo XC90 has been a top candidate for Motortrend's Crossover SUV of the year for the past two years in a row.
UsaRim offers a complete line of Volvo wheels and rims, including Volvo tire packages and accessories like lug bolts and valve stems. All of our rims for Volvo come with a full one year manufacturer's warranty on the finish and a lifetime structural warranty. If you're looking for a sure thing, our most popular Volvo wheels are our factory OEM style silver Volvo replica wheels. Our second best seller is our factory style Chrome Volvo replica wheels which fit the Volvo S80, the Volvo C30, the Volvo XC70 and more. Buying Volvo wheels will add value to your vehicle by increasing its performance and curbside appeal. With the properly sized Volvo rims and tires, your car will not only look better, it will drive better too.
Most Popular Volvo Wheels:
For a complete listing of all of Volvo's licensed factory accessories including factory wheelsand tires, visit the Volvo Website.
There are many reasons why Volvo is one of the most popular imports on the U.S. car market today. Volvos are safe and seemingly indestructible, even older models get good gas mileage and Volvos handle well, even during the snowiest winters in the more northern states. High performance Volvo rims and Volvo wheels are a good part of the reason behind that.
Maintaining a Volvo can be expensive, though, unless you enjoy working on your car yourself and have a reliable, affordable source for Volvo wheels, Volvo rims and other Volvo parts and Volvo accessories. Our shop has a solid track record supplying Volvo wheels, Volvo rims and other Volvo parts that customers often have a difficult time tracking down.
We carry every Volvo wheel from factory models to custom replacements, including different color finishes with round or flat spoke patterns, and designs of either five, six, seven, ten, 12, 20 or 24 spokes. We offer Volvo rims for sale and Volvo wheels for sale at surprisingly inexpensive prices too. Check out our catalog. Whether you're looking for new or used Volvo wheels for sale, chances are, we have it in stock.
What's In a Name?
Volvo wheels are the very core of the automobile's functionality. The word "Volvo", after all, is derived from the Latin word for "I roll". But shopping for Volvo wheels and Volvo rims can be difficult since there are literally dozens of bolt patterns. Not every Volvo rim is designed to fit every Volvo car. Here's a guide to Volvo rims and wheels, and the cars that love them.
• Volvo s60 rims&Volvo s60 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit the Volvo s60, a sporty compact, for people who like to dodge quickly in and out of traffic and drive quickly along winding mountain roads. Though it wasn't designed to be a sports car, its drivers often like to pretend it is. Its 17 inch Volvo wheelsbase makes for easy cornering while its slightly greater length when compared with comparably priced compact sedans gives it a lower center of gravity and more stability. The somewhat modified Volvo s60 is the base for police cars in the UK and other parts of Europe.
Volvo s60r wheels are designed to fit the Volvo s60r, an all-wheel-drive system variant of the Volvo s60. The Volvo s60r also has the option of upgrading with 8" 5 spoke "Pegasus" wheels.
• Volvo c70 Rims&Volvo c70 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit Volvo sports convertible and the two-door coupe that is no longer being manufactured. The c70 represented a major redesign for the Volvo, which heretofore looked rather like a Volkswagen Beetle on steroids. A wheelbase of nearly 105 inches combined with a length of 186 inches ensured that this car would have a low enough center of gravity to take corners well while still hugging the road.
• Volvo s70 Rims&Volvo s70 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit the Volvo s70, the sedan Volvo manufactured between 1998 and 2000 that was eventually replaced by the Volvo s60. Its safety record and reputation for quality was such that even today you will see these Volvo s70s on the road. Loyal Volvo owners and hobby restorers are always on the lookout for parts for these cars.
• Volvo v70 Rims&Volvo v70 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit the Volvo c70, Volvo's sturdy, serviceable station wagon, which is still the car of choice for moms who want to haul their offspring to soccer games in environmentally conscious style. Several versions of this basic model come with alloy wheels, most notably the high-performance v70r with Volvo alloy rims made from anthracite alloy and Volvo v70r wheels.
• Volvo s80 Rims&Volvo s80 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit Volvo's mid-size executive sedan, the Volvo s80. With a wheelbase of nearly 110 inches, several inches larger than the average automotive wheelbase, Volvo s80 wheels perform much better than the average car on less than optimal surfaces. The Volvo s80 is so safe, in fact, that in Sweden, where Volvos were first manufactured, the model is used as a base for ambulances and the limousines preferred by visiting dignitaries and heads of state.
• Volvo xc90 Rims&Volvo xc90 Wheels: The Volvo xc90 is Volvo's SUV (sports utility vehicle) model which combines a truck's elevated driving position with the handling of a car. It's Volvo's top-selling vehicle in the American market, and in 2005, it was Volvo's bestselling vehicle worldwide. The Volvo xc90's relatively longer length and larger wheelbase means its center of gravity is lower and its wheel track wider than comparable SUVs from other manufacturers. This means it's far less prone to dangerous rollovers in the event of an accident.
• Volvo V40 Rims&Volvo V40 Wheels: These rims and wheels are designed to fit Volvo's latest offering: the Volvo V40, a new five-door hatchback that made its world debut at the March 2012 Geneva Auto Show. Volvo hopes to attract a younger customer base with this car, families attracted by Volvo's reputation for safety and good gas mileage who never thought they could actually afford to buy a Volvo.
This model should not be confused with an earlier Volvo hatchback model, also dubbed V40, whose manufacture was discontinued in 2004. That V40 was spun off into a station wagon version called the Volvo V50, which takes Volvo V50 rims and Volvo V50 wheels.
Aftermarket Volvo Rims and Wheels
Volvo aftermarket rims and wheels are simply rims and wheels that are not one of the stock options offered by Volvo dealerships, which deal in OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Volvo parts. Installing aftermarket rims, wheels or other auto parts will void any existing dealer warranties in many instances so it is wise to read the fine print on your contract very carefully before installing them.
Why buy aftermarket Volvo rims and wheels? Sometimes, it's a matter of keeping costs down. Volvo parts can be expensive, and it's often possible to purchase rims and wheels that will fit your Volvo for considerably less than the OEM price. Sometimes, it's a matter of availability. Someone who restores Volvos as a hobby, for example, may find it difficult to track down the original Volvo rims and wheels and will opt for a convenient substitute. Sometimes it's a matter of improving your Volvo's performance and maneuverability on different terrains. These instances are rarer, because Volvos are specifically engineered to handle well under a wide variety of driving conditions.
Aftermarket Volvo wheels come in three types:
• One-piece Volvo Wheels: One-piece wheels, sometimes called lugs, are molded from a single piece of composite material, rather than forged from individual components. This makes them cheaper to manufacture, and therefore to sell. They're also sturdier than forged wheels. If they do become damaged, however, the entire unit has to be replaced which can become expensive. Other drawbacks are that they're heavier than other types of wheels, and they're only available in a limited number of offsets and widths. Still, one-piece wheels are the most common type of wheel found on the wheel aftermarket today.
• Two-piece Volvo Wheels: Two-piece wheels are generally made with a forged rim and a composite center that's bolted or welded together. Two-piece wheels are lightweight and designed for high performance vehicles. They're significantly more expensive than one-piece wheels and their rims are more easily damaged.18" Volvo wheels are the most popular two piece wheels available.
• Three-piece Volvo Wheels: Three-piece wheels are made from forged components to reduce their weight and improve their strength. They are often held together using high quality aircraft bolts. They can be customized so that wheel offsets and widths will match any auto manufacturer's specifications for year and make. They also allow practically unlimited variations on design. They are extremely expensive, however, and the rim can be very easily damaged.19" Volvo wheels are the best-selling size for our three piece Volvo wheels.
Tips For Buying Aftermarket Volvo Rims and Volvo Replica Wheels
If you've damaged a wheel rim on your Volvo and you're thinking of purchasing aftermarket replacement parts, consider these things:
Don't by an aftermarket Volvo rim or aftermarket Volvo tire that's too heavy for your vehicle. Your Volvo's suspension may not have been designed to carry that extra weight, and the heavy steel rims will decrease handling ability and interfere with your Volvo's balance.
Consider alloy wheels if you do a lot of stop-and-go driving on congested city streets or you find yourself braking and accelerating frequently on twisting country roads. Alloy wheels help dissipate heat more effectively than steel wheels. Some alloy wheels, in fact, are specifically engineered to encourage the flow of cooler air over the brake pads.
Make absolutely sure that your Volvo's bolt pattern matches any new aftermarket Volvo rims or aftermarket Volvo tires you're purchasing and that any wheels you purchase have the maximum-load rating which is compatible with your Volvo.
There are no products matching the selection.